There are millions of people in the world and thousands in this country who suffer from various grades, types and severity of back pain. For many it could be a chronic in nature while for others it could be acute in nature. Hence it is quite natural for them to find out ways and means by which they can come out of this problem. The most common approaches are chiropractic exercises, massages and treatments. Physiotherapy is also considered to be an effective way to handle this problem. Reduction of weight and restricted lifestyle and movements are also suggested, at least for a limited period of time, for overcoming this problem. Making use of inversion therapy with the help of a good inversion table is often considered to be one of the better ways to overcome nagging back pain often caused by pinching or compression of the spinal cord nerves. The compression is because of the muscles which sag as they constantly gravitate towards the ground because of the natural force of gravity.
How Does Inversion Help
There are many studies which prove that using inversion tables and doing some well directed and well controlled inversion therapies could offer very good benefit from chronic back pain. This is because when the body is inverse the gravity moves towards the head. This gives much needed relief to the legs and lower extremities. It also helps the vertebrae to expand, thus releasing compressed spinal cords and nerves. It could also be a great help to relief muscle spasms, and also give relief to joints which are so hard worked and need rest once in a while. Hence, there is no denying the fact that there are many ways and means by which inversion could help in at least giving short time and temporary relief from back pain and other such problems. However, the long term benefits of choosing the best inversion table to overcome this problem has not yet been established. There are many who believe that it has more problems than solutions. Therefore without wasting too much time, let us try and find out the various pros and cons attached with these inversion tables. This we are sure will give the customers an objective view and help them to take a correct decision which is based on facts rather than being driven by hearsays.
There is no do denying the fact that end users perceive some value as far as these inversion tables . Hence let us try and look at the various advantages of using these tables for managing back pain and other related problems such as sciatica, lumbago, and quite a few other such spinal cord related problems.
- It could help in reducing pain quite dramatically within a few workouts.
- It also is known to increase blood flow to the different parts of the body especially to the upper extremities like the face, ear, eyes and the brain.
- It helps in better traction of the vertebrae and could be useful to maintain height even when you are old or when you in the growing stage.
- It could be very helpful in improving bad postures and this happens gradually over a period of time.
- It is considered one of the better options for managing curved or broken spine, sciatica, lumbago and other such problems related to the spinal cord and the vertebrae.
- It is a non-invasive method of treatment. Once you learn it , you can do it in your home or your workplace as is convenient to you.
- It could play a big role in improving the overall fitness levels. There are many thousands of people who believe that being in the inversion table on a regular basis helps them to feel refreshed and relaxed. They are able to perform better in their work place compared to others.
However, it would not be right to state that using inversion table is free of risk and problems. Like all other such devices and equipments, even the best inversion table could have some downsides and cons. Most experts suggest that you must not get into using of inversion tables unless you have a doctor to help you out. Further experts also suggest certain health conditions under which it would not be worthwhile to use these tables. We will look at a few of them over the next few lines.
- Heart diseases. If you are suffering from any type of heart disease or even cardiovascular diseases, then it is better to stay away from inversion table. However, if you wish to try it out, you must always check out with your doctor and find out whether your health is good enough to permit it.
- If you are suffering from high blood pressure then doing inversion exercises and therapies could be dangerous. This is because staying in an inverse position leads to lowering of heart rate and at the same time the blood pressure increases because of more flow of blood to the upper extremities like the face, ears, eyes and of course the brain.
- People with risk of stroke should also stay away from the use of inversion tables because it could lead to rupture of the brain vessels as there will be an increased flow of blood to it.
- People who are suffering from glaucoma are also advised to be careful when getting into inversion therapy using inversion tables. It could lead to retinal detachment and should this happen it could lead to quite a bit of problems.
- Finally, inversion table could also put pressure on the middle ear and could damage the same irreversibly because there could be a sudden rush of blood to the middle ear which might become too overwhelming for it to handle.
The Final Word
Hence, there are both plus points as well as negative as far as these inversion tables and inversion therapies are concerned. The onus lies on the end user to take an intelligent and informed decision based on his or her specific needs and requirements.